We are proud to have continued our support of Western Australian farmers through 2023, sharing knowledge about regenerative and sustainable agriculture and building a welcoming community of likeminded individuals.
This year, we delivered and partnered in a total of 23 events (workshops, field days and webinars), reaching approximately 1135 in total, 538 of which were farmers, and supported additional events through speaking engagements or attendance.
Here are some of our key highlights (click the links to read more about each one):
- Webinars on birdlife on farms, landscape rehydration, regenerative farming and dingoes in the landscape
- Dr Christine Jones Soil Biology Tour
- Matthew Evans Regional WA Tour
- 2023 Regenerative Agriculture Conference in Margaret River
- Bruce Maynard Regional workshops
- Perth City Farm Regenerative Agriculture Forum
- Welcoming two new RegenWA operations staff members to the team – Jessica Hubeck and Tibby Tuckett, and a new RegenWA Steering Committee Member, Jacqueline Lahne
- Many farmer field days, sharing innovative ideas and lessons
- Plus many stalls at local events to connect with landholders about sustainable land management practices and inform consumers about preferential food purchasing
The RegenWA community continues to grow, with over 2060 members, of which 497 are farmers/landholders, and our online following increasing to over 2500 followers and content reaching more than 11,000 people across both Instagram and X (Twitter) platforms.
It wouldn’t be possible without the continuing support of our valued partners – thanks to Perth NRM, Lotterywest, and Commonland.
With additional funding received from the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation and the WA State Natural Resource Management Program, in addition to the continued support from the Commonland Foundation, RegenWA is well-placed to continue growing. This coming year will include more educational events and support, opportunities and engaging key stakeholders to align strategies and broaden cooperation.
The RegenWA team would like to thank everyone who has worked with us to deliver these outcomes this year – we could not do it without you.
Our office will be closed from Monday 25 December, reopening Tuesday 2 January. We look forward to bringing you more exciting regenerative events and opportunities in 2024!
Best wishes for a safe and rejuvenating festive season.
From, the RegenWA team – Keith, Dave, Bonnie, Jess and Tibby.