WARLP Field Day, The Lakes
Register for this FREE farm field day at The Lakes, Woottating on Monday 8th May.
This field day is focussed on addressing some of the challenges integrating livestock into a Regenerative pasture system.
Part of Landcare Australia Farming Benchmarking Project – Soil carbon and Natural Capital Demonstration days for 2023 – 3 focus targets:
i) The use of multi-species fodder cropping.
ii) holistic planned grazing.
iii) summer active perennial establishment
- Steve Meerwald The Lakes. Our journey so far, kikuyu, annuals and shedding sheep
- Phil Barrett-Lennard Soil health, pasture and livestock systems Addressing the fodder gap with perennials and resilient pasture systems
- Bonnie Jupp Natural capital. What it means to your farming business.
- Dr Adrian Baker New and novel species, nutrition, toxicity, management and biosecurity
- Murray Green, Gallagher Fencing Products Demonstrating how the barrier to planned grazing integration can be dealt with using new innovative products
- Ellen Walker, Earthwhile , up close and dirty with soil (and taking Brix meter readings of some pasture
- Dr. Adrian Baker, RAW Animal Health Body Condition Scoring- a practical guide
- Phil Barrett-Lennard, AgVivo Assessing pastures for optimising grazing management
(subject to change)
Regenerative BBQ lamb lunch included
Date: Monday 8th March 2023, 8:30 am – 2:00 pm AWST
Location: 598 Wariin Rd, Woottating WA 6562, Australia
More Info: Click here for more information