The University of Western Australia Institute of Agriculture are hosting The UWA Ridgefield Farm open day on October 6 2023.
The open day includes complementary lunch and afternoon tea, in-field visits, and demonstrations which showcase key UWA research related to the Best Practice Farming Systems Project. This includes:
- Grazing into the future for soil carbon sequestration and building soil health
- Annual Legume Breeding Australia (ALBA)
- Redefining ovine clover disease: a role for rams?
- Ridgefield Multiple Ecosystems Services Experiment
- Merino Lifetime Productivity (MLP) Project
- Research into heat stress in livestock
- The Avon Critical Zone Observatory – Western Node of the Australian CZO Network
- Managing Merino weaners to survive and thrive
- Predicting nitrogen cycling and loss in Australian cropping systems – augmenting measurements to enhance modelling: Western Region
A free return bus from the UWA Crawley Campus to the UWA Ridgefield farm is available to book.
Further information and registrations can be found here: https://www.eventbrite.com.au/e/uwa-farm-ridgefield-2023-open-day-tickets-628297353297#:~:text=The%20UWA%20Institute%20of%20Agriculture%20is%20very%20proud%20to%20host,of%20the%20public%20to%20attend.