Soil Systems Master Class – Beacon
Learn more about the business benefits of soil carbon and opportunities to be gained from emerging soil carbon farming systems.
This is one of a series of Soil Systems Masterclasses to help farming businesses capture carbon opportunities and become more resilient, profitable and sustainable. Soil Masterclasses will feature experts in soil biology and carbon farming, combining science and practical farming systems that underpin sustainable, biologically rich farming systems that build and maintain soil carbon.
The program will give farmers hands-on experience and understanding of a range of soil health topics, from landscape rehydration and the benefits of fodder shrubs, legumes and perennial grasses, to soil microbiome and the importance of livestock in biological systems.
This event is kicking off at Dianne and Ian Haggerty’s 13,000 ha cropping and grazing property in Mollerin. If you are interested in starting a Soil Carbon project under the Department of Primary Industries and Regional Development (DPIRD)’s Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Fund please come along!
- The Farmer experience- how we got here – Challenges, successes, starting carbon projects.
- Building soil carbon – it’s not just about the ACCU’s
- The agronomists’ perspective of soil carbon.
- Science of soil health and the benefits of soil biology to the farming system.
- Carbon Farming and Land Restoration Fund – starting soil carbon project
Date: Friday 24th Septmeber 2021, 10am – 4:30pm
Cost: Free event
Location: Starting at 239 Walker Road, Mollerin, WA 6475, finishing at the Beacon Country Club 25 Lucas St.