Understand grass growth; Refresh the basics; Manage your time and system better
The RCS Grazing Clinic is a practical hands-on workshop that develops your skills as a grass manager. This power-packed two and a half day clinic will have you walking away with the confidence and practical know how to go home and begin implementing.
- Practical knowledge – get the latest on cheap fencing, property layout, water design and moving stock. Understand how to assess rest periods and calculate graze periods, while accurately matching stocking rate to carrying capacity. See and learn the decision making processes in the paddock.
- Control your grazing outcomes – through the practical application of the principles, active use of the grazing chart, good use of the planning tools and good property design for this century.
- Refresh the basics through understanding the six essential grazing management principles. Develop the skills to monitor and record changes, understand how to adapt to seasonal and climate variability and develop strategies for profitable property planning and overall improved grazing management.
The course has a complete focus on implementation. We deal with the “real life stuff” that actually counts when it comes to getting the most out of your land, livestock and business.
Start and finish times:
Day 1: 8:15am – 5:30pm
Day 2: 8:30am – 5:30pm
Day 3: 8:30am –12:30pm
- Farmers/graziers wanting to gain an understanding of regenerative grazing.
- Farmers/graziers wanting to gain the ability to make decisions to get control of their grazing business, increase grazing skills, understand how grazing management influences feed quantity and quality, and get the tools to manage their system for the best results possible in any season.
- Farmers/graziers who want to learn how to use management tools like grazing charts, better manage stock density, learn to match stocking rate to carrying capacity, and learn strategies to implement drought management principles.
$1375 per participant (with Early Bird rates of $935.00 available till 17th of Feb)
Includes morning tea, afternoon tea and lunch. Accommodation is available on site, via Muresk website here
Date: 17th – 19th March 2021
Location: Albany, WA
Register: RCS Australia