Lower Blackwood Catchment LCDC are delivering a 4-day course in May with David Hardwick from Soil Land Food.
The course will provide you with the opportunity to learn how to design and plan a healthy, resilient and productive rural landscape for your farm business.
You will learn:
- how to “see” your landscape using landscape thinking
- about Landscape Patches: the pieces of your farm’s landscape jigsaw
- the water and nutrient cycles in rural landscapes
- how energy flows and biodiversity functions in rural landscapes
- climate, landforms & soil types on your property
- about the landscape and agricultural elements of rural planning
- the different approaches to property planning
- the 10 steps to effective property planning
You will also:
- use maps for property planning
- set goals for your farm’s rural landscape & enterprises
- assess your farm’s rural landscape
- identify & prioritise issues
- brainstorm strategies for improvement
- develop a Farm Plan for a sustainable future
Where? Alexandra Bridge Hall, 1252 Brockman Hwy, Courtenay 6288
Day 1: Thursday May 16th, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Day 2: Friday May 17th, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Day 3: Monday May 20th, 9.00am to 4.00pm
Day 4: Tuesday May 21st, 9.00am to 4.00pm
What else? Lunch & Morning & Afternoon Tea will be provided as will farm maps and planning tools.
Cost? $1600 + GST. The ticket entitles 2 people from your enterprise to attend the course.
To book your tickets or see further information, visit the Lower Blackwood LCDC event page here: Plan Your Farm Landscape – Lower Blackwood LCDC
This course forms part of the Lower Blackwood LCDC’s Regenerative Agriculture in Practice Program (RAPP) 2024, and is supported through the Shire of Augusta Margaret River Environmental Management Fund, and Perth NRM /Regen WA and the Department of Water and Environmental Regulation through their Soil Wise Program.