Merinj Kaartdijin, Aboriginal Food Knowledge Forum
Be part of this dynamic forum hosted on Menang country to reflect on and explore cultural renewal opportunities in the expanding national bush food market.
Date: November 22-23 2019
Time: Day 1 – 8:30 – 4:00 pm
Day 2 – 9:00 – 2:30 pm
Location: Albany Entertainment Centre
Day 1 is a Forum to explore 3 critical themes with local and interstate experts:
- Bush foods and intellectual property
- Bush foods and Cultural Renewal
- Bush foods, Agricultural Production and Market Innovation
Day 2 is a Field Trip with local Noongar experts through the Albany Hinterland:
- Guided tour of the culturally significant Kalgan Fish Traps
- Porongorup Range foraging tour
- Bush food inspired tasting plates
There is also a Gala Dinner on Saturday night with celebrity chefs and Aboriginal youth from across WA. Tickets available here
See the flyer here.