Building Biodiversity for Resilient Farming Systems Field Day, Tambellup
Facilitated by the Gillamii Centre and RegenWA.
An opportunity to see biodiversity woven into a productive farming system at Murray Wells, the home of farmer and ecological restoration specialist Wendy Bradshaw.
- Guided field walk to sites that have benefited from revegetation, perennial and biological cropping systems to restore landscape and ecosystem function, utilise carbon, and improve the water cycle.
- Q and A with Internationally recognised soil microbiologist Walter Jehne on the link between biodiversity and rainfall
- Kent Broad: The value of carbon and its co-benefits above and below ground
- Dr Nicole Chalmer: The role of biodiversity in the farm ecosystem
- Svetlana Micic: Supporting beneficial invertebrates for farming, reducing pesticide use and increasing invertebrate biodiversity
- Paul Sanford on maintaining perennial systems maximising soil health benefits
Date: Friday 8th October 2021, 1:00PM -4:30PM
Location: Murray Wells, 331 Binniup Road, Borderdale WA 6321